Latest news from HAFSA
Click here to see our most recent HAFSA Bulletin (Late Summer 2020) We are now seeing the relaxing of some goverment imposed Covid19 restrictions. Please see here the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events :
- Sunday 6th September: 2-5pm IS OUR GARAGE SALE! This will happen outside numbers 3,5,7,and 9 Cardiff Road, W7 2BW. You will be able to enjoy tea and cakes in the gardens of numbers 3 and 5 . Our new booklet celebrating 10 years of HAFSA will be on sale at £5. There will be a Palestinian Zaytoun stall, as well as: books, bric a brac, local honey and more! Please wear a mask while browsing the stalls. We welcome any good quality items to sell on the stalls, you can drop them at Marjorie’s (details below). If you can donate cakes, please bring on the day or drop the day before at Marjorie’s. Can you help on the day? Contact Marjorie: [email protected], 0208 5678655, 5 Cardiff Road W7 2BW
- Brentford Festival – This was due to be held this year on Sunday 6 September. It has now been rescheduled for Sunday 5 September 2021 . All being well we look forward to seeing you at our HAFSA stall there next year.
- Autumn Cruise on the Wey -Tuesday 29 September- 11am start: Nick, a HAFSA member, and his partner Fiona, kindly invite us for a short cruise on Rosie, their canal boat. Departure no later than 11am from Guildford. There will be a delicious high tea picnic thrown in. Ticket are £40 a head. For distancing reasons we are limited to five persons. First come first served, so book as soon as possible by contacting Andree: [email protected] or by phoning 07761 104609. All proceeds to HAFSA of course! The trip will be rescheduled in case of heavy rain.
- Jaffa, the Orange’s Clockwork – Back in March we had to cancel the screening of this film. We hope to be able to show it later in the year.
- You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years. Please contact us with your suggestions for events we could hold during this lock-down – any of your ideas as to how we can continue to fund raise during lockdown would be very much appreciated eg. talks, Zoom quiz
This may also be of interest :
- Is the West Bank annexation plan a diplomatic game-changer? Click here to book a place for this on-line talk and Q&A session with Israeli Ambassador (ret) Dr. Alon Liel. 3pm on Wed 9 September
- The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here to hear a recording of this recent Balfour Project event
- A group of UK charities including FONSA (Friends of Nablus and Surrounding Area) haave issued a statement condemning the proposed annexation of parts of the West Bank which would significantly impact the people of Sabastiya. Click here to see the full statement.