Latest news from HAFSA
Click here to see our most recent HAFSA news bulletin. We are now seeing the relaxing of some goverment imposed Covid19 restrictions. Please see here the current schedule of HAFSA fund-raising events :
- Peace Picnic – Summer Social – Wednesday 5 August at 5pm – This year our Summer Social fund raising event is a “Peace Picnic” in Blondin Park, near Boston Manor station. This date has been chosen as 6th August is Hiroshima Day. We will be flying the Palestinian flag – so you can find us easily.
* There will be a raffle with prizes. Most importantly this will be an opportunity for us to meet again, out in the open. Please will you each bring your own blanket/chair, food and drink etc.
* As this picnic is one of our major fund raising events of the year, please give generously, there will be a bucket for your donations. See you there !(cancelled if it rains and all subject to govenment guidance).
* The offical address of Blondin Park is 40 Blondin Ave, Northfields, London W5 4UL. There is also an entrance on Boston Manor Road, north of the station.
- Garage Sale – Sunday 6 Sptember 2-4pm – We will hold a “Garage Sale” instead of the cancelled Brentford Festival. This will happen at 3,5,7,and 9 Cardiff Road W7. There will be refreshments and cakes. On sale: books, fabric, Zaytoun produce and more. We welcome more things to sell, please only good quality stuff. Please advertise this event to your friends and family and beyond!
- Brentford Festival – This was due to be held this year on Sunday 6 September. It has now been rescheduled for Sunday 5 September 2021 . All being well we look forward to seeing you at our HAFSA stall there next year.
- Jaffa, the Orange’s Clockwork – Back in March we had to cancel the screening of this film. We hope to be able to show it later in the year.
- Click here to see our most recent HAFSA news bulletin. You can also look here at our archive of news bulletins going back over more than 10 years.
- Please contact us with your suggestions for events we could hold during this lock-down – any iof your ideas as to how we can continue to fund raise during lockdown would be very much appreciated eg. Zoom quiz
This may also be of interest :
- Thursday July 23, 3pm – online event: The Crafting of the News: the British media and the Israel-Palestine Question Click here for details of this Balfour Project event.
- A group of UK charities including FONSA (Friends of Nablus and Surrounding Area) haave issued a statement condemning the proposed annexation of parts of the West Bank which would significantly impact the people of Sabastiya. Click here to see the full statement.
Please contact us with your suggestions for items of news, links or events which may be of relevant and helpful for HAFSA friends.